Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Little Voice


Oh little voice that guides my way,
you tiny shining light,
will you but lead my feet to Day
and save me from the Night?

You quiet voice of unknown source,
that speaks from every wind:
will you, my compass, point my course,
or drown me in the end?

You speak so soft in simple words,
but set me only riddles.
I've thought you might be for the birds,
and doubted you a little.

And yet you won't shut up, you voice,
won't give me any peace!
Why talk to me? Explain your choice!
Or guide me home, at least.

You mocking voice, why so annoy
this silly mortal soul?
Where would you drag this little boy,
to North or nether pole?

But still I beg you, please don't leave,
you tiny blinding light.
I'd more than final cause to grieve
if you did flee my sight.

You little voice, I'll follow you.
Please lead me to the good.
Although I'm blind I'll strive to do
what's hardest, as I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment