Saturday, May 23, 2015

Friend



To walk in Light that's dancing through the leaves
and spot Eternity in feathered song,
to ever seek the peace that Grace achieves,
to wish to love this world, not say it's wrong...
And I could bear my burden, call it light,
and say that hardship makes a soul to grow;
but what disgrace to all that should be right
to watch all helpless as you suffer so!
You wear your smile, you don the daily mask,
put laughter on and bravely you pretend.
But through that front so fractured I must ask,
"What ever can I do for you, my friend?"
It just won't do to say, "I wish I could,"
but what to do? I would relieve the ache,
would drown out sorrow with my better good,
if only action turned not to mistake!
To live before Eternity aware,
to see beyond this sorry self of mine,
to act and be the good in taking care...
would that not take the breath of Grace divine?
So human and so small I feel today,
and though I'd help I cannot see the way.

2 comments:

  1. Love bravely, live bravely, be courageous, there's really nothing to lose. There's no wrong you can't make right again, so be kinder to yourself, you know, have fun, take chances. There's no bounds. See the link below for more info.

    #bravely
    www.ufgop.org



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! It's very nice of you to say so. I really appreciate the encouragement, and I hope you live bravely too! :)

      Delete