Tuesday, May 17, 2016

And Your Line Is...



"Be my love forever?"
No, no good at all. Much too strong.
Besides, she might take it literally.
"Leave me alone?"
No, that's worse. Or maybe better.
It's true sometimes, at least,
so it beats the first one in that respect.
Hmm... "I love you?"
Nope. Generic, and too much.
Sounds desperate.
Plus she'll read too much into it.
What about "I hate you?"
No dice. Much too personal.
She'll think I'm just playing coy.
"You have a fantastic body."
Nopers. Too straightforward.
Too stiff, really.
She'll think I'm
not respecting her intelligence.
(They always like to figure it out for themselves.)
"How do you feel about leather?"
No!
Best to learn the girl's name first,
at least.
Guess it's back to the Gold Standard:
"Hey baby, buy you a drink?"

(Photo credit: "Tracks" from Kendra Miller on Flickr)

Check out The Giggling Stream on Facebook!

2 comments: