Thursday, September 3, 2015

Shell Song



Let out a little mineral and take another turn…

There’s nothing like the sea.

Another layer takes a turn and spins itself around;
the work can keep a mind at ease when death and fear surrounds.

Feel the tide, so gentle, so strong.

If there’s yet time for growing there may be another day,
and since I’m pink and fleshy then I know I may be prey.
So take a turn a layer and forget what’s best forgot,
I hunker in this so strong shell until I start to rot.

How beautiful, how cruel.

How warm the shining sunlight as I make another spin,
and how I work in fever just to end where I begin!
So when I make another run and twist another year,
such dullness creeps upon my soul, that may be worse than fear.
But never give up at the wheel and never say goodbye,
it’s “Take another turn,” I know, until the day I die.

See the fish…

Let out a little mineral and take another turn…

2 comments:

  1. I love the opening words to this - perfect for the image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bella. :) I'm glad you liked it. I just love shells!

      Delete