Thursday, August 13, 2015

Morning Cup



Feeling tired?
Mind clouded?
Like you can’t catch a break?
Always exhausted?
Come to me…

Open your mouth…

It’s easy to brew me,
just a cup in the morning,
and keep drinking all day.
I’m hot and black and bitter,
but add sugar if you like.

Sip? Or gulp? Just swallow…

No more tired,
no more clouded,
no more hungry,
no more sluggish.
Only my energy, for you.

Feel my burn run down your throat…

Let me be your gasoline.
Let me drive you.
Let me fuel you.
You can get me fair trade,
if you want.

It's important to keep things equal...

I know you care
about the farmers.
They grew me from the earth,
and were very good to me.
All is as it should be.

I’ll always be here for you…

Let me be your love.
Let me be your only.
Let me be your fix.
Love me.
Love what I do for you.

You can leave me if you want…

You can count on me.
You can trust me.
I’ll keep the headaches away.
I’ll keep your mind clear.
I’ll always be true to you.

See you tomorrow, sweetie!

2 comments:

  1. Love this poem... But then I'm one of the world's worst tea addict! Sometimes the most ordinary subject can be almost epic, especially when invoked as brilliantly as in this piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jacy! I'm so glad you enjoyed my poem. I'm a rabid coffee drinker myself, but I'm glad to hear the poem translates well for tea-drinkers! :D

      I like what you say about the epic quality in ordinary subjects. It's something I try to work on.

      Delete