Saturday, January 30, 2016

Flow



Go sing on, happy stream, ramble on
your glittering course, your song between the rocks
and running rills to greet the brighter dawn,
your voice so true it never ever mocks.
Creep through the happy valley, greet the birds
with pleasant song, their little harmonies
make lyric sweet melody with no words,
so soothing tune, as it was meant to be.
I half-forget the binding chain of time,
that birds will pass, that rivers must run dry,
that jangling even from the height sublime
the clanking truth: these things to nothing fly.
It's only simple truth, that each one knows;
that song is passing even as it flows.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely.
    I undoubtedly kinda like the way you explained things around: life, water/river, stones, flying-birds... & on & on. Title suits ur words, dramatically as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Personally, I'm pretty satisfied with the second half of it, but the first eight lines seem a little too loose, to me at least. I can't quite put my finger on the problem. Thanks, though!

      Delete