Thursday, February 25, 2016

Already Known



Never believed in a love at first sight,
till I noticed her standing alone,
her eyes oh so dark as she leaned to the right,
that I realized I’d already known.
It wasn’t a smile she gave me at first,
but a playful enough look all the same,
so both of us knew that for better or worst
we’d be partners at playing love’s game.
“Better to have loved and lost,” we’ve all heard,
as if it helps a heart once it’s bleeding.
I’m pining away for the love of a word…
but then? Oh then, how our hearts were beating!
She was the flame to my hot-burning match,
and her lips burned all down my cold heart…
but she left me I wound that I’ll never patch,
and can’t even regret that first start.
She told me goodbye, but not very loud,
and before I could think to give chase
she’d long disappeared in the crunch of the crowd,
leaving only a glimpse of her face.
Never believed in a love at first sight,
till she left me there standing alone,
her eyes oh so dark as she leaned to the right
that I realized I’d already known.

(Photo credit: "here" from Luca Vanzella on Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment