Thursday, February 4, 2016

Dripping Shards of Shadow



I see your shadow everywhere
yet never learn how you cast it;
a shoulder’s turn, a flick of hair,
a question, if you would ask it…
You held my heart between your hands
and walked through silver, churning waves
that spilled my blood across the sands;
my beat has found an ocean grave.
Does life still roar throughout your veins
with scarlet human feeling hot?
Are you aware of human pains,
or has “Your Majesty” forgot?
I see your shadow everywhere
when noon’s sun shines in awful wrath,
and scorches earth without a care…
There! That shadow reveals its path!
You say it’s Nature makes you cruel,
and nature’s forces make no choice;
I see my blood, red-swollen pool,
and spit your lie with dying voice.
I see your shadow everywhere,
a shoulder’s turn, a flick of hair…

2 comments: