Saturday, October 3, 2015

A Walk



Come walk with me this evening,
come walk, and remember the sun.
The hidden sun, the dying sun, the bloody
sunset sun. Somewhere (I promise),
somewhere beyond the cloudy veil
shines the sun.

“It turns cold so quickly. It will be spring
next time I feel my fingers.”

And there are no crickets chirping,
and no flowers in their bloom,
the teardrop leaves are turning,
and the little light’s but gloom.

“Do you remember the summer?
Last night I dreamed… it was wonderful.”

Shivering nights,
rolling-fog days,
quivering lips,
and cold, so cold.
Remember what it was to be warm;
the light, the blooming bud,
the silent moon.

“Wrap me in soft sheets.
Let me close my eyes.”

See the pumpkins carved in faces,
the million shades of leaves,
the spreading fields of snow…
Feel the steam of a winter’s shower,
the softness of slippers,
the thrill of a new spring!

“All is well.
All will be well.”

No comments:

Post a Comment