Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Imagination's Sacrifice



Imagination fuels the fire,
Imagination stirs desire.
And in the windings of dark day
Imagination finds a way.

Imagination burns white hot
With love that like the racer’s shot
Makes all the stubborn stars to move,
The deep truth of their love to prove.

Let sweet imagination stay,
And be my lamp, and light my way.
Divine dear image, I’ll be true,
For it’s my nature to love you.

Now let me be the sacrifice,
But burn me hot, don’t give me ice;
My baser matter burn away
That only golden ore may stay.

Now let the burning heat intense
My mind erase, renew my sense,
And let the shining metal melt
To glowing streams, as yet unfelt.

The metal ready now to pour,
I fall away upon the shore
Where yet new-molded and yet warm,
I now take on a better form.

Let love alone shine from my face,
And let me be a fount of grace,
And let me see the sights unseen,
And guide souls to what’s never been.

Imagination, don’t forsake
Your servant, for at last he’ll make
Your temple scratched of white and black,
And for his praises you’ll not lack.

Yet let me not forget the day
That from myself I turned away,
Though with the turning of the stars,
Your time at last will heal my scars.

No comments:

Post a Comment