Saturday, June 6, 2015

River



Run little river, little run little run,
run little river in the shine of the sun,
run to the swerve in the curve of the land,
run to the desert and dry up in the sand...

Come lie with me in the shade of this tree,
show me the summer of your flowing blood,
show me the grass that peeks through my toes,
and hear the sweet river that laughs as it goes.

And if you smile,
or if you laugh,
or if you brush the hair from your eyes
so graceful, so fluid...
I sigh, I die a little.
A moment is so brief.

Flow little river, little flow little flow,
flow little river, and fill as you let go.
Flow through the curves in the valleys that crest,
flow little river, to an ocean of rest.

Come sit with me in the sighing sunset,
breathe hot on my ear and call me Sweet Nothing.
Take up your flame, set my spine so alight,
and love dearly the river that flows through the night.

Could you be an ocean,
grow as great as the sea?
Oh, to sail on your depth
and trust in your kindness...
Someday, every river
flows into the sea.

Hope little river, little hope little hope,
hope little river, in the sails and the rope,
hope in the hull and the strength of the spars,
hope ever in love that guides even the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment