Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Tell Me



Tell me all your secrets, love,
and let me know who you are.
Come here, here
in the shade of this tree,
and tell me everything.
What was it like
to be a little girl?
What frightened you at night,
and how did they comfort you?
Was it a doll you held close at night,
or a bear, or a little tiger?
Were there purring cats
or a panting dog
to greet you at the door?
Would you laugh with friends,
brothers, and sisters,
or imagine worlds all alone?
What was the world to you,
when it was so big
and you were so small?

Please tell me your secrets, love,
here in this gentle breeze,
under the shelter of this leafy tree.
Let me look into your eyes
and feel your hand in mine.
Time slips by so fast, you know,
and there's nothing to hold on to,
nothing that feels real.
Let me hold you, my love.
Let me hold you, my sweet.
Be real for me,
and let me hold you close at night.
Be real for me,
here under this tree,
and please tell me your secrets, love.

(Photo credit: "Jessica" from Tommy Kirchmeier on Flickr)

Check out The Giggling Stream on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment