Saturday, June 11, 2016

Social Justice Love Poem



Don't blame me if I love you.
Besides, it's all socially constructed anyways,
and I only love you
because the diamond cartels invented love
as part of the cultural logic of late capitalism, or something.
Not that I believe in marriage, of course,
and divorce should be easily accessible.
For the good of the individual, you know?
Who cares what it does to society?

I mean, it's that society is corrupt,
and all the selfish exploiters on top
keep keeping the rest of us down.
It's just awful, I mean, they're hardly human,
and they keep selling us junk
because they only love money
and really only care about themselves.
I mean, maybe if they were
just a little more self-aware
they'd see they've got everything they need,
but they're too self-absorbed
just nursing their petty complaints
and alienating other people.

Whoops! This was supposed to be a love poem.
It's not my fault.
I'll try again another time,
when my soul is in less pain.

(Photo credit: "The Caryatid Porch of the Erectheion" from wolfgang.mller54 on Flickr)

Check out The Giggling Stream on Facebook!

1 comment: