Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Wanting Things is Dumb



I'll get you
because I want you.
I don't know why I want you.
If I was smart I wouldn't,
but I guess I'm not smart.
Because I'm dying to learn
the feel of your skin beneath my fingers
and the taste of your lips against mine.

That's a silly thing to want.
That's a dumb thing to want.
I wouldn't want it at all,
except I do.
Wanting things is dumb.
I hate it.

I bet you think
I'm about to go on about how beautiful you are
and how "your eyes shine like stars"
and all that malarkey.
Well if that's what you're expecting
then you're wrong,
because I'm not gonna say any of that.
Even if I wanted to.
And it's not just because wanting things is dumb, either.
It's because all that stuff goes without saying,
and because you've probably heard it
from a million other guys before me.
Not that I care all that much,
because I don't.
I can stand to be a face in a crowd, if I have to.
I could put up with being just some guy.
It wouldn't hurt at all.

I try not to be annoyed at you
for the fact that I want you.
I mean, it's not like
you intentionally sought it out,
or anything.
I don't know why I want you,
but I'll get you.

(Not that it would make any difference,
or anything,
if I didn't.
I really don't care all that much.
Nothing touches me.)

(Photo credit: me. Because I took that photo. With my own camera.)

Check out The Giggling Stream on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment