Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Vapor



Don't tell me life's not beautiful,
and don't tell me it's too much.
I've heard all that before.
I've heard your nightmares, your horrors,
your worries and your doubts.
I've heard you say, "Just let me sleep!"

I think you wanted to slip out of thought,
out of all that strain and stress.
You wanted it to be simple,
so simple you could close your eyes
and drift, and drift...

You wanted to sleep the world away,
never to have to reach or strain again.
You wanted to drift off on a cloud,
dissolve into dust and breath and vapor,
and never have to think again.
Just like all the rest.
You know how special you are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would you care to take a look at my Facebook page?

If you enjoyed the poem, it would mean a lot to me if you could share it with your friends. Thanks!

(Photo credit: "vapor" from Tylana on flickr)


1 comment: