Thursday, September 1, 2016

What's Left of Memory



Remember when you dreamed magic would save you?
Remember when you wished beauty would cure you?
Remember when you felt loving would heal you?

Tell me what you hoped for.
Tell me what bright dreams you had.
Tell me, sweetness, why it all fell through for you.

You were too good for this evil world.
You were too kind for these cruel times.
You were too sweet for this bitter earth.

Poor dear, they betrayed you.
Poor dear, they misled you.
Poor dear, they ensnared you.

Remember you are not alone.
Remember you can share your pain.
Remember you've not hurt in vain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would you care to take a look at my Facebook page?

If you enjoyed the poem, it would mean a lot to me if you could share it with your friends. Thanks!

(Photo credit: "Sad thoughts" from Isabelle Gallino on Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment