Saturday, July 11, 2015

For You



When your bones grow tired
and no rest can relieve
your sinking weariness,
when you hunger
and thirst
for escape
into a lovely dream…

Dream with me
and be renewed.

And when your mind is wracked
by a thousand fears,
a million doubts,
and a galaxy of dark anxieties,
so that a kind word
could mean everything…

Sit with me
and take my comfort.

Or when your heart falls shadowed
in the midnight of loneliness,
when every face becomes a stranger,
when all this world’s multitudes see your face
but none know you…

Take my hand
and find a friend.

Or when you could die of shame,
and see your every project go awry,
when your teeth ache
to devour your flesh
so you’ll never be seen again,
and your every thought
is of your own absurdity…

Feel my heart
and know you are loved.

Or when you are joyful,
and dance in the stars
of the highest heaven,
when love and friendship
are kind to you,
when you feel yourself
whole and brave and
lovely and strong…

Hear my voice,
and see me smiling for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment