Thursday, July 9, 2015

Love's Logic



Oh my referent,
let me signify you,
and let me symbolize
your uncountable infinities!

Now lie with me
on this wide semantic network,
as we wrap ourselves so soft
in this dialectical unfolding.
Let our facts caress
on this logical space.

Oh derive me, sweet referent,
and teach me your laws
of syntactic formation.
Let me complete your set
of well-formed formulae,
that you may determine
the truth-value
of all my propositions.

Do not negate me, my referent,
preserve me from the judgment
of your disjunctive syllogism.
Oh, but let me entail you,
referent, if and only if
you entail me!
Feel the rigor of
my logical operator,
and teach me the law of
your excluded middle.

In conjunction, referent,
please save me from
your reductio ad absurdum.
Let me signify you.


Q.E.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment