Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Nighttime Wanderer



She moves like cool water
over the dry land,
and the song of her voice brings a thrill to my spine.
How can I tell you
even the tiniest ache
of the sweet agony she makes me feel?

She is the nighttime wanderer,.
She is the dreaming lovely,
the fire of life,
the breath of the city.
She is the spirit of poetry,
and I am her shadow.

Oh come to me, you evening beauty,
and teach me why the stars shine bright.
Show me why the moon must fade,
and the sun must brighten the happy hills.
I think I knew you, long ago,
and how painful it's been without you!

Now come to me, my heart's desire,
and let me be your life's delight.
Sweetness of sweetness, joy of joys,
let me return a piece of what I owe you.
Let me be for you
a touch of what you've been for me.

Please come to me, my one and only,
and tell me all you long to share.
Tell me all your little fears,
and let me set your mind to rest.
Tell me all your dreams and wishes,
and let me give you all I can.

She moves like the wind,
so cool on a hot day,
blessing the earth with her invisible hand.
How can I tell you
even the tiniest part
of the sweet agony she makes me feel?

(Photo credit: "Flirting With Curtains" from Alyssa L. Miller on Flickr)

Check out The Giggling Stream on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment