Saturday, July 23, 2016

Ocean



Sit with me a while,
here by the peaceful waves,
the gentle rolling waves
that never ever end.
Just think,
they were rolling in when you were born,
and they'll be rolling out when you go.
There's a comfort in that, I think.

Sit with me a little while,
and remember when you were a child.
You never doubted then,
never questioned life's goodness
or regretted its start.
There were a million new things,
every day so bright,
every moment so precious.

Sit with me a so-short while,
and try to hold the passing moments.
You can bring back the wonder,
rediscover the beauty,
and see with child's eyes once more.
You can live an adventure again.
You can win back that innocence
and make every day amazing.

Stand with me, right here.
We'll explore new lands,
discover new treasures,
and find new friends.
We'll rescue princesses,
prove ourselves worthy,
and celebrate with song and dance
through all the deepening night.

Run with me, right now!
Run to the ends of the earth,
and find what sets your blood boiling.
Fight. Win. Struggle.
Victory at any cost.
Run to the rising dawn and win!
This life is worth living.
This life is worth winning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would you care to take a look at my Facebook page?

If you enjoyed the poem, it would mean a lot to me if you could share it with your friends. Thanks!

(Photo credit: "ocean" from Chris Luczkow on Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment