Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Tear



Let me tear you apart, let me rip up your pieces
and leave you in a pile beside the trash can
where I threw out the rotten steaks this morning.

I've wondered what you taste like;
I've heard it's a little like pork,
and tender, because we make it so easy for ourselves.

Just imagine what I'd do to you,
the teeth, the blood that spurts from your throat
in little bursts in time with your fading heartbeat.

You'd love that, wouldn't you? Just for once.
Even if you had to pay for it with your life's blood,
you'd do it just to see it spurt all over my face.

Come on now, let me tear you apart,
let me let you out of that awful cage,
the skin and bone trap. I'll release you.

Never another little pain, never another worry.
I can make it easy, like falling asleep.
You'll never have to hurt again.

I'll be so gentle, and so kind.
You'll never have to worry. Just go to sleep.
Just sleep until the nightmare's all over.

Call it a gentle goodnight kiss. Sweet girl.
You've been too strong for too long.
Let me take it all away.

Let me help you. It would be so easy.
Don't you see I understand?
Don't you see I'd like to help you?

Let me tear you apart, let me rip up your pieces.
You'll never have to be afraid again.
Because I'm the thing you've been afraid of.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would you care to take a look at my Facebook page?

If you enjoyed the poem, it would mean a lot to me if you could share it with your friends. Thanks!

(Photo Credit: "Blood Donors are Cool" from Peltier Chevrolet on Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment